Homework is assigned on a daily basis. The purpose of homework is to reinforce skills and concepts taught during the school day. I am asking that parents check their child’s homework daily. Some parents have made it a practice to initial the homework. Students should also make it a practice to review notes and study on a consistent basis. Students should be reading daily and practicing their multiplication tables.
structures (e.g., vocabulary, independent reading stamina)
• Set individual reading goals and write an informational letter about those goals
• I can write an informative/explanatory text. (W.3.2)
• I can accurately use third- grade academic vocabulary to express my ideas. (L.3.6)
• Mid-Unit 2: Assessment: A Letter about My Reading Goals (W.3.2 and L.3.6)
• Develop reading fluency and create an oral recording of fluent reading for an audience
• I can demonstrate fluency when reading stories or poems for an audio recording Arts
Use place value understanding and properties of operations to perform multi-digit arithmetic.
Use place value understanding to round whole numbers to the nearest 10 or 100.
Fluently add and subtract within 1000 using strategies and algorithms based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction.
Multiply one-digit whole numbers by multiples of 10 in the range 10-90 (e.g., 9 × 80, 5 × 60) using strategies based on place value and properties of operations.ath
Friday – September 20th – Math – Review 4,5,6 Times Table / Review Number Line 10’s and 100’s