DRESS-DOWN FOR HURRICANE RELIEF
Friday, September 15, 2017
Dear Ss. Joachim and Anne School Families,
Our thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. In keeping with our core values, the NCEA (National Catholic Educational Association) has launched a relief campaign asking every Catholic School family around the country to contribute at least $1.00 per student to aid Catholic Schools affected by the hurricanes. NCEAs fundraising Student to Student campaign, launched on September 1, 2017, will continue to support the areas affected by Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma. Going forward, the campaign will be referred to as “Student to Student: A Catholic School Response for Hurricane Relief 2017.” This is a wonderful opportunity to express and display our core values of goodness, faith, excellence, integrity, community, and service.
Students at Ss. Joachim and Anne will be allowed to Dress Down on Friday, September 15, 2017 for a donation of at least $1.00. If you are able to send more, it will be greatly appreciated. NCEA will distribute 100% of the funds collected to the Catholic Dioceses affected by the storms.
Please search and follow our social media accounts to continue to stay up to date on the wonderful events at Ss. Joachim and Anne.
September 13, 2017
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT 7:00PM
Come to our Back to School Night to meet with your child’s teacher and visit our new Technology Lab.
Seats are still available in the Ss. Joachim and Anne 3 and 4 year old Nursery Program. The child must be 3 years old by December 31, 2017.
Come and be a part of the Ss. Joachim and Anne Family.
Please follow the link below to the new tuition schedule and fees. It is very important that SsJA and all families work together for the best education of our students.
Register now for a quality Catholic education. There are seats available in our Nursery/Pre-K, Kindergarten and Grades 1-8.
- In September 2017, each student from K to 8 will have access to our Premier STREAM (Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Art, Math) LAB (A $109,000 Grant provided by the Diocesan Office) which will feature electric wiring beneath a granite tile floor, Chromebooks, a flat screen television, smartwalls, software, cooperative learning tables and many other technological and educational materials.
- Every student in Grade 7 and 8 uses a Samsung tablet.
- In September 2017, each student in Grade 1 and 2 will use Apple IPADs.
- 95% of our students, who took the Catholic Entrance Exam to Catholic High School, were accepted.
- An outstanding Early Childhood Program
- Two excellent Pre-K For All Classes which have been visited by many associates of the Department of Education.
- A leading school for students with special needs including SETTS, ELL, Speech and Occupational Therapy as well as Title I Services and Procession Classes
- Full time Guidance Counselor.
- Renowned Gospel Choir.
- A school dedicated to Creative Arts.
- Before School and After School Care Programs.
- A safe environment with a security guard in the Fall.
- SmartBoards in each room and a technological environment to create lessons which are current, integrated and based on the Common Core.
- In September, high school Regents Classes will be given to selected 8th
- And most of all we are a school embedded in the love of Christ and our core values of Goodness, Faith, Service, Excellence, Integrity and Community.
Congratulations to Angie Bermeo! She is currently featured in the Diocese of Brooklyn, Futures In Education Annual Magazine. Angie was one of our Salutatorians at graduation this year.