Register now for a quality Catholic education. There are seats available in our Nursery/Pre-K, Kindergarten and Grades 1-8.
- In September 2017, each student from K to 8 will have access to our Premier STREAM (Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Art, Math) LAB (A $109,000 Grant provided by the Diocesan Office) which will feature electric wiring beneath a granite tile floor, Chromebooks, a flat screen television, smartwalls, software, cooperative learning tables and many other technological and educational materials.
- Every student in Grade 7 and 8 uses a Samsung tablet.
- In September 2017, each student in Grade 1 and 2 will use Apple IPADs.
- 95% of our students, who took the Catholic Entrance Exam to Catholic High School, were accepted.
- An outstanding Early Childhood Program
- Two excellent Pre-K For All Classes which have been visited by many associates of the Department of Education.
- A leading school for students with special needs including SETTS, ELL, Speech and Occupational Therapy as well as Title I Services and Procession Classes
- Full time Guidance Counselor.
- Renowned Gospel Choir.
- A school dedicated to Creative Arts.
- Before School and After School Care Programs.
- A safe environment with a security guard in the Fall.
- SmartBoards in each room and a technological environment to create lessons which are current, integrated and based on the Common Core.
- In September, high school Regents Classes will be given to selected 8th
- And most of all we are a school embedded in the love of Christ and our core values of Goodness, Faith, Service, Excellence, Integrity and Community.
Congratulations to Angie Bermeo! She is currently featured in the Diocese of Brooklyn, Futures In Education Annual Magazine. Angie was one of our Salutatorians at graduation this year.
Congratulations to the following students who received
Certificate of Effort ~ May 2017
Anne Marie Dupiton-Joseph, Byron Chen, Jason Morris, Ashly Pena, Dominick Chery, Shawnae Taylor, Guimarha Noel-Jeune, Serenity Seda-Desravines,
Emily Bermeo, Nylah Matthews, Sumayah Lezin, Schmeiderlyn Ulysses, Jaslyn Lizardo, Junie Cetoute, Sierra Griffin, Aaron Bhagwan, Joshua Matthews,
Shayla Ward, George Abraham, Mereddith Rony, Marven Emile, Anyssa Daley.
Joachim and Anne students displayed the St. Julie Billiart Sunflower STREAM Project at the Aquinas Exposition 2017. Van Gogh’s Sunflowers -five flowers in a vase has been the most visited painting in England. These flowers are bursting with meaning while representing the natural cycle of life with a supernatural glow. His flowers along with St, Julie Billiart’s inspiration energized the students to use Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Art and Math into developing the many facets of the project. Mr. Corso, our Assistant Principal, was the Moderator. SsJA’s Proud Aquinas Members are: Angie Bermeo, Rousseau Francois, Chelsea Mullings, Jessica Casamajor, Lauren Hedge, Jared King, Jonathan Laura, Divia Myers, Ashley Predvil ,Shelsy Fils Aime and Melodie Cadichon. Congratulations to All!!!
Ss. Joachim and Anne Communicants
May 6, 2017
Christopher Alvarado, Nolaan Beauvais, Cristine Bermeo, Aajay Bhagwan, Elias Boutin, Natalia Canzius, Eden Coriolan, Alyah Dieudonne, Alyssa Dieudonne, Naicha Exime, Aaliyah Flavigny, Kimberly Gonzalez, Quentyn Green, Augumn Griffin, Paul Guerrier, Anya Jean, Raphael-Ansley Joseph, Jonathyn Lafargue, Sanyah Lorcy, Neilah Marcelus, Phillip Menard, Farudja Moline, Djensley Moline, Kayden Patterson, Donovan Stephens, Leonard Thames , Jefferson Thelusmond, Christie Thompson, Ricardo Timothee, Imani Warren
Congratulations to Jonathan Laura, winner of the Oratorical Contest held at SsJA on Wednesday, April 26th. Jonathan recited the essay titled Everybody Dies, But Not Everybody Lives, by Prince EA. Participants of this contest were Fajah Gardner, Jessica Cassamajor and Carla Paul from Class 8-1; Ashley Predvil and Anyssa Daley from Class 8-2; Lola Aguda, Class 7-1; Chelsea Mullings, Markayla Gordon, Franly Dupuy and Divia Myers from Class 7-2. All orators had to choose a speech that was said publicly, memorize it and deliver it publicly. The duration of the speech should not exceed 6 minutes and no less than 3 minutes. Jonathan will represent SsJA on May 31st at the Diocesan Competition at Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Academy. Students participated under the guidance of Mr. Schoolfield the 8th Grade English teacher. Congratulations to all for a job well done!
Tech Plan – A brand new STREAM Lab will be completed by September 2017. This lab is being renovated from the ground up. New floor, desks, and lighting will make the room inviting. Brand new computers, printer and Smartboard will bring technological learning to a higher level of thinking. Hold onto your hats as we complete this newest endeavor at Ss. Joachim and Anne School. Catch the Spirit of SsJA!
Class 5-1 explored the various digital programs to reinforce a Math lesson on Fractions. Students were able to learn how to download the Pinterest Application on their cell phone and utilize the program to view different math problems relating to a Fraction Lesson.