Feast of St. Francis Blessing of the Animals Thursday —October 4, 2018 9:00 School Mass Children may bring their pets in cages or you may bring in a picture of your pet. All parents/guardians may bring their pets and take them home after the mass.
Garden World & Keil Brothers Fall Festival Columbus Day Weekend-Oct. 6, 7, 8 11:00 - 5:00 PM Pony Rides, Petting Zoo, Kiddie Rides, Face Painting,Sand Art, Pumpkins, Hay, Corn Stalks, Gourds, Mums, Apples, Pies and Much More! 46-20 Francis Lewis Boulevard, Flushing, NY 11358
SsJA mourns the sudden passing of our devoted Board Member,
Mrs. Patricia Cooper
May Eternal Rest Grant Unto Her O’Lord
All Students going on the school wide trip are to report to school for 8:00 AM. Have a great day and enjoy your class trip.
Congratulations to our 8th Graders who received scholarships and were accepted to Honors Programs in Catholic High Schools.
From Left to Right: Jennifer Joseph, Chelsea Mullings, Ayana LaFargue, Braneyda Pierre, Lola Aguda, Franly Dupuy, Isayela Bosse, Sierra Griffin, (kneeling) Aaron Bhagwan
Register now for a quality Catholic education. There are seats available in our Nursery/Pre-K, Kindergarten and Grades 1-8.
- In September 2017, each student from K to 8 will have access to our Premier STREAM (Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Art, Math) LAB (A $109,000 Grant provided by the Diocesan Office) which will feature electric wiring beneath a granite tile floor, Chromebooks, a flat screen television, smartwalls, software, cooperative learning tables and many other technological and educational materials.
- Every student in Grade 7 and 8 uses a Samsung tablet.
- In September 2017, each student in Grade 1 and 2 will use Apple IPADs.
- 95% of our students, who took the Catholic Entrance Exam to Catholic High School, were accepted.
- An outstanding Early Childhood Program
- Two excellent Pre-K For All Classes which have been visited by many associates of the Department of Education.
- A leading school for students with special needs including SETTS, ELL, Speech and Occupational Therapy as well as Title I Services and Procession Classes
- Full time Guidance Counselor.
- Renowned Gospel Choir.
- A school dedicated to Creative Arts.
- Before School and After School Care Programs.
- A safe environment with a security guard in the Fall.
- SmartBoards in each room and a technological environment to create lessons which are current, integrated and based on the Common Core.
- In September, high school Regents Classes will be given to selected 8th
- And most of all we are a school embedded in the love of Christ and our core values of Goodness, Faith, Service, Excellence, Integrity and Community.
Congratulations to Angie Bermeo! She is currently featured in the Diocese of Brooklyn, Futures In Education Annual Magazine. Angie was one of our Salutatorians at graduation this year.