- Homework is assigned on a daily basis. The purpose of homework is to reinforce skills and concepts taught during the school day. I am asking that parents check their child’s homework daily. Some parents have made it a practice to initial the homework. Students should also make it a practice to review notes and study on a consistent basis. Students should be read to daily and they should practice their number and letter formations.
** Please send in candy money as soon as possible. Thank you
Gym is on Wednesday
Pizza money is due by Wednesday:
$2.00 slice and drink, $3.00 2 slices only or $3.50 2 slices and a drink.
*** Please send treats to share on Nov. 1st
** Please send in the $50 fee from September for extra class supplies and snacks.
Each student must have 3 notebooks. Daily classwork will be stapled into a notebook.
Math: pgs. 103- 104
Letter s: trace neatly
Phonics: circle and color pictures with short o
Reading: practice words: a, the , at , it, can, hop, jump, I, cat
Fundations: practice letters and sounds for: a,b c, d, short e, f ,g , short i, m, n,short o, r, s, t, short u
Nov. 5, 2019
Phonics: D page both sides
Math: practice counting 1 to 40
Study words: is, the, can, a, hop, jump, cat
Fundations: review aloud letter and sounds for a, b, c d, e, f, g ,m, n , o r, s, t, u
Thank you for sending treats last week
This Friday, no classes, teachers have a meeting
October 31, 2019
Math: sheet both sides
Short a sheet
Please study letter and sound card study sheet
Reading review the words for this week
*Fall Dance tomorrow $5 / dress in orange, yellow, red, or brown[ fall colors]
** please send treats to share in goodie bags ( Nov 1)
October 30, 2019
Thank you, to all of our parents , for all your help on our trip to Green Meadows Farm . Wonderful!!!
Fall Dance this Friday $5
Please send treats for our goodie bags Nov. 1
Fundations: study letters and sounds from study sheet.
Reading: study words- and, the, a, cat, see, I, can, hop, run, jump
October 29, 2019
Green Meadows Farm Trip tomorrow. Dress down in warn play clothes.
Math: pages 67- 68 review of problem solving using maps.
Reading: complete sheet (practice) for the word [is]
Reading: review words [and, the, run, is, hop, run, a , I, can, cat, hop, jump
Fundations: practice sound and picture cues for letters – short a, b, c, f, g, short i m, n, short o, t, short u using the study guide with pictures. [Please keep this guide in the folder.
* Fall Dance $5 this Friday.
** Please send $50 for snack and extra supplies
October 28, 2019
Math: number order sheet both sides
ELA sheet: both sides
Fundations: practice sounds and picture cues for letters- a, b, c, f ,g, i, m, n, t, u
Reading: study words for fluency- and, the, run, can, a, cat, hop, I, jump, is
Please send treats to share on Nov 1st our Fall Dance.
Oct . 24, 2019
- Sound alphabet card sheet: Please keep this study sheet in the folder
- (Fundations) have your child show you how we say the letter- picture cue- sound method. We have done letters and sounds for: short a, b ,c f, g, short i, m, n, short o, t, and short
- Math :sheet both sides
- Phonics:pg 53 only
- Please send $50 fee for kindergarten snacks & extra supplies
- Trip money due by October 25th. Chaperones are needed, $20
October 22, 2019
*Please send trip money… chaperones are needed.
Math: both sides of sheet
Phonics: review of initial sounds , a- b-h-g-c
Review reading words : is- can – the- a – I
Please send goodies to share on Oct. 31st
Reminder: Please send in the $50 fee for snacks, supplies, and art items.
October 18, 2019
ELA : sheet following directions and color the answer that is circled
Math: pg 87- 88
* Please send the project, supply, and snack money that was due in September ($50) .
Practice reading words: and – the- a- can
October 16, 2019
Math: sheet both sides
Reading: study words. and- the – can- a
ELA: sheet complete and color neatly
* Lunch for Green Meadows Trip should be put in a paper bag then in a doubled plastic grocery bag. The doubled grocery bag will be used to carry their pumpkin home.*
* Please begin to send in treats to share for October 31, 2019.
Thank you for your co- operation
October 15, 2019
Math: sheet on identifying the number of objects up to 5.
Phonics: page on “g”
Fundations: new letter sounds /g/ and short /a/
October 9, 2019
Phonics :study and recite initial sounds for b, c, m, n, t, short i, short o, and short u
Reading: study words. I, a, the, can
Math: practice writing 5 neatly on the sheet
Fundations: complete and color neatly Fun Match pg 10
October 8, 2019
Phonics: study initial sounds for b, c, short i, m, n, short o, t, and short u each day.
Reading: study story words I, can, the
Math: complete the number 4 sheet neatly
Phonics: circle and color initial “m” pictures
Fundations: trace bold letter “u” 10x and say the sound 10x
Say,” short u – /u/ – up
- Please note: /u/ stands for the sound of short u